Dark lips may be called vampy or goth – But this year they are simply beautiful when paired with translucent skin and a swipe of suede colored eyeshadow. We call this look “Inspiring”.
Here are e few easy ways to recreate this look using a few behind the scenes makeup tips.
As a makeup artist, I have seen how difficult it can be to get this look without the smudges or imperfections of dark lipstick. Here’s a foolproof approach to get the Inspirer Lip.
- CONCEAL: Use a cream concealer to block out the color on your lips, and blend the concealer completely over the lips.
- POWDER: Tap a tranluscent powder over the lips to set the concealer. This will stop any bleeding of the color into fine lines around the mouth.
- LINE: Line the lips with a neutral, skin colored lip liner.
- COLOR: Use a lip brush to apply the lip stick onto the lips.
The result? A sultry, dark lip that stays on for hours on end! Like this one, seen on the Dior runway…
Latest posts by Melissa McNamara (see all)
- 5 Best Drugstore Moisturizers Under $20 - March 31, 2017
- What the Buzz is About – Top 5 Drugstore Makeup Picks - February 24, 2017
- Curious About a Cannabis Massage? I Was! - February 1, 2017