We live in a society that thrives on a concept of beauty and on comparison. Just google “Who Wore It Better?” and you’ll see examples of hundreds of images of women wearing the same dress with the question, “Who wore it better?” at the top of the two pictures.
Is it me, or does anyone else think that being compared to someone else like this, publicly, would be terrifying…and humiliating. See, I know that I would be the one who looked old, or fat, or just really stupid. Read more
- Sweep a light application of blush on the eyelids. (Yes, you can use blush as an eye shadow!)
- Apply the light shade under the brow to define the arch of the brow, and blend both colors in the crease.
- Apply the dark shade into the crease, and smudge into the outer corner. You can blend the shade into the bottom lashes to further enhance the shape of the eye.Use the Felt Tip Eyeliner Pen to create a winged cat-eye. Trace slowly along the top lash line, ending in an upward motion at the outer eye. You can keep building the line in thickness until you get the desired effect.
- Contour the cheekbones with the bronzer from the Highlighter/Bronzer Kit.
- Use the middle shade of the eyeshadow along the tops of the cheekbones for a pearlescent shine.
- Create a “stain” from your lipstick. Apply the lipstick using a makeup sponge or a sponge tipped eyeshadow applicator. This will create what is called a “bitten lip” or lip stain. A diffused, soft shade of red.
- 5 Things I Learned About Women From THBD’s Photo ShootMarch 16, 2017 - 6:28 am
- Creating New Norms With Manny Gutierrez, Maybelline & THBDJanuary 28, 2017 - 6:18 am
- The Hollywood Beauty Detective is Starting a Beauty RiotJanuary 2, 2017 - 7:24 pm
- The Hollywood Beauty Detective: I Refuse To Wear Angel WingsSeptember 5, 2016 - 8:12 pm
- Reclaiming Beauty: In the Midst of a Female RevolutionAugust 21, 2016 - 7:27 pm
- Beauty & Self Love
- Beauty & Self-Expression Through Makeup
- Beauty & the New Yorker
- Beauty and Everywoman
- Beauty and Hollywood
- Beauty and Women's Issues
- Beauty by Melissa
- Beauty is Having a Voice
- Being Beautiful In A Skinny Girl World
- Fashion and Beauty
- Outer Beauty
- Reforming Beauty in Business
- Reframing Beauty
- Update Your Look